Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pato: Defenders out to get me

AC Milan favourite Alexandre Pato has admitted that he is a marked man in the tough and physical world of Serie A.

The Samba starlet is enjoying a stellar season for the Rossoneri having already bagged 15 goals for Carlo Ancelotti's men.

But despite his heroics, Milan are struggling to stay with league leaders and bitter rivals Inter and have already been knocked out of this season's UEFA Cup competition.

Pato was on target during Milan's 2-1 defeat at Sampdoria last weekend, a game that, once again, saw the 19-year-old receive more than his fair share of tough tackles.

"Defenders have become harder on me," Pato explained to Milan's official television channel.

"They have decided not to let me run, but often, they don't get the ball, they get me!"

With the pressure on Milan to improve, Pato is determined to keep on scoring, a task he believes is made easier thanks to the class that exists within the Milanese club's ranks.
"It's easy to score at Milan, with so many good players who know where to put the ball so I can score," he said.

"I am also learning tricks from [Andriy] Shevchenko and [Pippo] Inzaghi.

"David Beckham is also a great guy, and not just on the pitch. He has helped me a lot, and when we play together, I know, if I ask him for a pass, he knows where I want the ball."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/serie-a/news/detail/item217213/Pato:-Defenders-out-to-get-me/

No comments: